facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Unique Car for Vintage Class

Napisany przez Helomyname, 09-05-2016, 01:47

Unique Car for Vintage Class

Offline Helomyname

Every class in NFS:SA has its unique car, but one class is left out... the Vintage class. 
My first suggestion is to add a unique car for this class.

My second suggestion is to not make it a car from the HD universe, in my opinion we have too many of those (Futo, Monroe, Mamba, Buggy)

One car it could be is the Z-Type from GTA 3 (ish, it never made it to the game but there is a fantastic fan-made model on the web). The model should be edited to have less polygons, and the massive Z on the top should be removed. Other than that I think its a beautiful car, and I would love to see this one with a hot-rod conversion kit Wink
[Image: QsvS0kt.jpg]

Another car could be Hotknife itself, but made into a regular classic car by a modeller. This would require more work, since i haven't seen anyone do that before. It could be called the Coolspoon or something like that, I'd go for Coldican though. Here is a quick photo edit I made of what a potential civilian Hotknife could more or less look like:
[Image: 8GsdEP3.png]

I hope you guys consider these suggestions.

Offline Snake[PL]

Z-Type is from GTa2

[Image: 185?cb=20110519173936&path-prefix=pl]

Offline Helomyname

Well, yeah. But the 3d model was made for gta 3.

Offline Venom

Vintage clas isn't going to get a unique car because it's something that I call "filler class". It has only 3 cars and these cars are very quick to unlock and after these you start unlocking D class cars in no time. I don't know if there will be more filler classes, muscle cars (which we aren't going to see in the near future, as I have different plans for now) will be put into our existing classes.
[Image: oJ6eTtU.gif]

Offline Helomyname

Then why not expand the vintage class a little? The cabbie has ideal styling for this, its inspired by early 1950's designs and looks beautiful in a civil version 

[Image: 98102400_1384511511_57353522_gta_sa_2013...-53-37.jpg]

Or oceanic with late 1950s design
[Image: 20100226144754?path-prefix=pl]

The vintage class could be much more than just a "filler"

Offline Venom

But you have to understand it's made so the RP required is in between start and D class. If we add more cars then you will be unlocking D class cars right after you unlocked all vintage cars.

Offline Helomyname

I dont see an issue, wouldnt it be possible to simply make the cars available for purchase roughly at the same level of RP but simply make the prices different, or something like that? If adding more cars was an issue then you could never add new stuff such as, like you said, muscle cars, without creating a new class as it would mess with your whole system

Offline Venom

We're not gonna do things differently than how we're doing them now. Each muscle car has different performance, it doesn't make any sense to put them into a single completely new class. I also never said adding new cars is a problem. These are very important decisions and we need to make sure we pick the best decision. Doing what you said will cause inconsistency in our current system. Making fewer classes is better than making too many classes for a stupid reason.

Offline Helomyname

Im sorry, but that was a politician-esque answer that basically said nothing in a bunch of words. I never said you should make a seperate class for muscle cars.

You did say that adding new cars was a problem, due to the RP unlocking system, just about 2 posts up.

Offline Venom

What ? I was mentioning the exact reasons why this won't happen, including the reason why muscle cars will be scattered throughout all of the classes.
You hinted at me that we would need a new class for muscle cars right here:
(09-05-2016, 19:15)Helomyname Wrote: you could never add new stuff such as, like you said, muscle cars, without creating a new class as it would mess with your whole system

I meant that adding these specific new vintage cars you're talking about would be a problem, the reason you can see in my second post. I didn't mean adding new cars in general is a problem.