facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Few suggestions for a server

Napisany przez Poker, 21-04-2016, 22:56
Few suggestions for a server

Offline Poker

So, I know that there are few upcoming plans for server, and I though I'll come with bunch of my, and other X-Cross members ideas. Keep in mind, these are only ideas. I want to notice it, because sometimes people just ramp up on some of the concepts like we are forcing you to do so, but these are only thoughs that could make game more interesting.

Time Attack Medals

Imagine yourself situation - you are making time attack session, and you want to beat some easy difficulty time. But then, it just so happens, that you manage to beat much higher result. This is quite annoying, so Grondzel camed up with idea taken from Gran Turismo games. What if every difficulty would have it's own medals? Like, Gold, Silver and Bronze? It would make time attacks a bit more random - you can have problems hitting golden medal on hard, or even medium, if you're that bad driver. It would also fit the system of one time attack per hour, since it would make it more valuable.

Clan System

I know, I know, there are plans for clan or crew system. But it dont have to mean we can't make few suggestions about it.

First of all, money sharing. It would be awesome, if we could share money with each other in clan. Too often there are situations, where we have to do long races to help one of us get money, when others don't know what to do with huge amounts on their accounts. If clan members could transfer money between each other, it would help a lot, not only with economy, but also tighten clan bonds, by letting us help each other.

Second idea is territory system. What if we could buy together specific places, and make them our hideouts? Places availible only for us, that could also server as our garages? Just like with teams in Need for Speed Carbon, or other team based racing games - all those teams have their own hideouts and bases. How cool it would be if all teams gathering on NfS SA would pick their own places, hide in there as on their own territory, and use this as garage spot? And who knows, maybe in further future this idea could develop into territory wars system, using duels and other free roam challenges? NfS SA is fresh server, who knows what will come in future...

New Gamemodes

There are two gamemodes I would like to suggest here.

First is your typical race but... With collisions. It would make for interesting addition, having normal races with collisions, and duels only show how cool could that be! There wouldnt be much work needed in this - just turn off ghost mode, and here we go, we can fun racing with keeping in mind, that we should watch out for our cars. 

Second idea is more complicated. It kinda mixes with idea of making bigger lobby for races - Team Racing! Now, let's take our 4 spots in lobby. Let's imagin, each of those spots is holding one team. Rewards will be count as for those teams, so each team is kinda player. Each team can hold two players, so four teams for 2 drivers can come on the road. Now, how positions will be counted? Well, you take those two players from team and add their finish positions. Team with smaller score wins. 

Example. Team XYZ races with Team ABC. In XYZ, driver one arrived at the finish line at 2 place, and driver two was third. Meanwhile, in team ABC, first driver was first, and second driver was fourth. Let's do some math: XYZ has 2 and 3 positions, so we add them and we get 5. Now, let's take team ABC: 1 and 4, so we have 5 again. That's a pair, both teams get equal rewards. 

Now, let's say there is rematch. in Team XYZ first driver arrived at first place, and second one, was second on the finish line. Meanwhile, team ABC got third and fourth spot. Math comes here again: XYZ has 1 and 2, so their score is 3. ABC has 3 and 4 so their score is 7. XYZ wins, thanks to smaller score.

Of course this idea is very complexed, and I'm not sure how much script allows for tweaking with spots on races and stuff like that. Also, the scoring system would be huge challenge, but hey - who knows, maybe in long, distant future we could get those kinds of races? It's okay to dream after all...

New Cars

I've got also idea for new classes of cars. Of course, these are only ideas, but who knows, maybe we could get them in future...

Okay, so idea for server, as far as I'm concerned is to bring NfS Underground into world of GTA SA, and okay, I get that in story of SA, we were thrown into 90's, but... that doesnt mean we cant evolve and see progress of motorisation! Also, I know there are limited spots ingame but hey - we all heard that Buggy indeed uses spot for boat, so I guess we could use unused vehicles for that, am I right?

So how about class called "Modern D" between D class and C class, that could include more modern cars from GTA franchise? Like Buffalo from GTA IV? Merit from GTA IV? Issi from GTA V? Prairie, Asea... Modern GTA has a lot of interesting cars, and since the server already uses some modernised GTA V models, why not use some more?

Another idea is S class, for hypercars from GTA V games. These are some of the best designs in GTA and we all can agree that driving them could be amazing!

And the smallest idea - why not add special unique class for police cars? Like each city could have police car hidden somewhere, and once you find it, you can buy it. For example, SF could hide SFPD vehicle, so once you find one, you can buy one, just like we had police cars in NfS World. BUT those cars could be untunable.

New Areas

Okay, that's just the dream, since this server has to bring magic of the Underground to the San Andreas but... Wouldnt that be nice if we could add some more to that? What about visiting Vice City? Or Liberty City from GTA III? Or maybe some complete new areas! Of course this could be hard, and I'm 100% sure that will never happen, but just like my ideas with car classes, we still can have dreams...

And that's it. Love it? Hate it? Agree? Tell me, I would love to hear your stand on some of those ideas Big Grin
Linia nie ściana, nawet ta podwójna...

Offline Spotlight

1. Higher result, you mean your own result, or server result? I don't really think that would be a hard to script thing. We would just need a graphic and few additional lines of code.

2. Transfering money? No. A class cars cost 35k+ so you will have things to spend money on.
About hideouts that might me a cool idea. We could make a small island or take a place (or few) that already exists and make it different dimension for every clan so they could hang out and things. You could change this place by earning some clan xp and then spending currency on new clan garage. I'm not really sure about territory wars system. That would require a really solid core for a whole clan system.

3. Collision races? ok.
Whole clan system would be pointless without any kind of rivarly. That's why something like that will be implemented in the future. I might say that even few team races.

4. There is already A class in developement. We also plan to add muscles and SUVs. GTA 4 models require a bit time to model and map, so it's really time-consuming. We might think about custom cars in the future.
About police cars - that would be cool. +1

5. This is also time-consuming. It requires a lot of time to remake such maps, to make them realistic and actually playable, cuz adding objects as you want would make it just stupid.

Offline Szopek

1. It's a good idea. I had a few situations that I could do my time attack session on hard but I go on easy because I thought my car wasn't so good enough on "hard mode". So it's pretty good idea, because even when I was doing on hard, I had a few situations that - I was losing because of, I don't know... 4 miliseconds? And then I received only 80RP. It's embarrassing. Anyway, I agree about that.

2.1. About money sharing I'm not into it. The game would be so easy for some players but It could be some maximum money share per day something like - 1k$ to share to some player only. That would be good.
2.2. Territory System? Hell yeah! I loved the way that EA go on in Carbon with teams and everything. But this on MTA Server? Can't wait to see this!

3.1. About collision racing I'm agree. In this scenerio we're gonna have better races then actually. I'm gonna go with some example - when you're buying new car and your performence isn't perfect like this car on max tuning. But, in race you're first - doing perfectly turns and everything but when it comes to straight road your car versus opponent's car who has better engine can easily beat you. But if you add collisions in this scenerio situation can be diffrent - guy in lower car can block opponent, do his best and try to not lose race. I think you're gonna understand me.
3.2. About that idea in team raceing I agree - nothing to say.

4. About new cars I prefer class includes muscle cars, especially old cars like Chevrolet Stingray from 1969 and some cars like that. About unique police cars - good idea.

5. New areas? Cool but when It's gonna be add into the game I'm pretty sure that it's gonna be a lot of bugs and everything. It's good idea of course but do it without any bugs and anything it's gonna be like Spotlight said time-consuming.

(Please don't blame me for not good english, I was trying to do my best)

Offline Venom

(21-04-2016, 22:56)Poker Wrote: Imagine yourself situation - you are making time attack session, and you want to beat some easy difficulty time. But then, it just so happens, that you manage to beat much higher result. This is quite annoying, so Grondzel camed up with idea taken from Gran Turismo games. What if every difficulty would have it's own medals? Like, Gold, Silver and Bronze? It would make time attacks a bit more random - you can have problems hitting golden medal on hard, or even medium, if you're that bad driver. It would also fit the system of one time attack per hour, since it would make it more valuable.

I can't say more than "think more before you choose difficulty".

(21-04-2016, 22:56)Poker Wrote: I know, I know, there are plans for clan or crew system. But it dont have to mean we can't make few suggestions about it.

First of all, money sharing. It would be awesome, if we could share money with each other in clan. Too often there are situations, where we have to do long races to help one of us get money, when others don't know what to do with huge amounts on their accounts. If clan members could transfer money between each other, it would help a lot, not only with economy, but also tighten clan bonds, by letting us help each other.

Second idea is territory system. What if we could buy together specific places, and make them our hideouts? Places availible only for us, that could also server as our garages? Just like with teams in Need for Speed Carbon, or other team based racing games - all those teams have their own hideouts and bases. How cool it would be if all teams gathering on NfS SA would pick their own places, hide in there as on their own territory, and use this as garage spot? And who knows, maybe in further future this idea could develop into territory wars system, using duels and other free roam challenges? NfS SA is fresh server, who knows what will come in future...

Money sharing will never happen, we can't risk exploits that will never be found because someone randomly finds a hole in the system.
Territories are planned IIRC, I especially agree on the bases, leaders could map their bases.

(21-04-2016, 22:56)Poker Wrote: First is your typical race but... With collisions. It would make for interesting addition, having normal races with collisions, and duels only show how cool could that be! There wouldnt be much work needed in this - just turn off ghost mode, and here we go, we can fun racing with keeping in mind, that we should watch out for our cars.

Second idea is more complicated. It kinda mixes with idea of making bigger lobby for races - Team Racing! Now, let's take our 4 spots in lobby. Let's imagin, each of those spots is holding one team. Rewards will be count as for those teams, so each team is kinda player. Each team can hold two players, so four teams for 2 drivers can come on the road. Now, how positions will be counted? Well, you take those two players from team and add their finish positions. Team with smaller score wins.

Example. Team XYZ races with Team ABC. In XYZ, driver one arrived at the finish line at 2 place, and driver two was third. Meanwhile, in team ABC, first driver was first, and second driver was fourth. Let's do some math: XYZ has 2 and 3 positions, so we add them and we get 5. Now, let's take team ABC: 1 and 4, so we have 5 again. That's a pair, both teams get equal rewards.

Now, let's say there is rematch. in Team XYZ first driver arrived at first place, and second one, was second on the finish line. Meanwhile, team ABC got third and fourth spot. Math comes here again: XYZ has 1 and 2, so their score is 3. ABC has 3 and 4 so their score is 7. XYZ wins, thanks to smaller score.

Of course this idea is very complexed, and I'm not sure how much script allows for tweaking with spots on races and stuff like that. Also, the scoring system would be huge challenge, but hey - who knows, maybe in long, distant future we could get those kinds of races? It's okay to dream after all...

I think collisions could be a simple option built into custom races, but at the same time there should be a big notification on the race menu that collisions are enabled.
The second race type could be interesting but I think we can think of that in the far future.

(21-04-2016, 22:56)Poker Wrote: Okay, so idea for server, as far as I'm concerned is to bring NfS Underground into world of GTA SA, and okay, I get that in story of SA, we were thrown into 90's, but... that doesnt mean we cant evolve and see progress of motorisation! Also, I know there are limited spots ingame but hey - we all heard that Buggy indeed uses spot for boat, so I guess we could use unused vehicles for that, am I right?

So how about class called "Modern D" between D class and C class, that could include more modern cars from GTA franchise? Like Buffalo from GTA IV? Merit from GTA IV? Issi from GTA V? Prairie, Asea... Modern GTA has a lot of interesting cars, and since the server already uses some modernised GTA V models, why not use some more?

Another idea is S class, for hypercars from GTA V games. These are some of the best designs in GTA and we all can agree that driving them could be amazing!

And the smallest idea - why not add special unique class for police cars? Like each city could have police car hidden somewhere, and once you find it, you can buy it. For example, SF could hide SFPD vehicle, so once you find one, you can buy one, just like we had police cars in NfS World. BUT those cars could be untunable.

I'm pretty sure that no one cares m8 about the fact that SA takes place in 1992, so that's one thing. I've got plans on releasing an extra modern D class car once I finish it for my school project. Who told you that Buggy is using a boat spot ? Because it's not, and it wouldn't even work, it replaces the Tug. And yes, there are enough slots left to replace like 20 more cars at minimum. A modern class wouldn't work very well, because these cars have enough differences in visuals which would place them into different performance classes. Which means that modern cars are possible, but scattered throughout all the classes we have.
We already have A class and I don't think we need even faster cars than these. There would be a very little amount of people driving them too. I don't see much of a use in additional police cars, but if that's your fetish then stand for your idea and let other people express their feedback.

(21-04-2016, 22:56)Poker Wrote: Okay, that's just the dream, since this server has to bring magic of the Underground to the San Andreas but... Wouldnt that be nice if we could add some more to that? What about visiting Vice City? Or Liberty City from GTA III? Or maybe some complete new areas! Of course this could be hard, and I'm 100% sure that will never happen, but just like my ideas with car classes, we still can have dreams...

Quote:Cool but when It's gonna be add into the game I'm pretty sure that it's gonna be a lot of bugs and everything. 

lol
[Image: oJ6eTtU.gif]