facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Bunch of ideas for future...

Napisany przez Poker, 14-03-2016, 14:00

Bunch of ideas for future...

Offline Poker

So, after our X Cross event I had few thoughts about server. I still really like it, but now I found some things that could be quite interesting as features.

Keep in mind, not all of them are NfS Based, or if they are, its not always Underground. Need for Speed as an franchise has big legacy, full of ideas and features that may work well on server. But of course these are only ideas. It would be cool if we could see those things, but its not that super important.

1. Money sending

We start from idea that may be really useful on seever. It would be really great if we could send ourselfes money. Now, it may sound quite noobish but let me explain.

Lets take drag races from yesterday's car meet. Except of a chance to get into X-Cross, and good fun, what did contesters gain? Now, lets imagine, making car meet like that and setting drag championship on free roam, with prizes?

To make things better we would have to give contesters our own money, so that means, team have to race in order to gain money for rewards. That would make car meets and overall free roam society of NfS SA much more engaging!

2. Pink Slips

Now, this idea is much more risky. I can't tell how much tweaking script allows, hut it would be quite cool to make pink slip races either on freeroam drag races, or on races in general.
Remember first race of Brian and Dom? That was quite intense, huh?

However, I can see problems with implementing that, so its more dream than an idea...

3. Bigger Lobbys!

Organising team sessions is quite hard if maximum limit of players is 4. What about expanding that? Races in 6 or 8 drivers would be harder, but it would be worth it. Plus, it would help not only in creating team sessions, but also in creating crew battles.

4. Interior View.

I know, I know, I keep suggesting this over and over again, BUT let me explain my stand on this idea.

I played the Trucker server on MTA recently, mainly because my friend begged me to do so. There was in fact interior viev, so I decided to give it a shot. And even though graphic quality of GTA SA is not really amazing inside of a cars, it still is quite climatic.

Now, imagine racing on that camera on our server. Or even free roam cruise with other players... it would be amazing!

Of course someone can say that amount of people using it would be small, but we already have some useless cameras like helicopter one. I believe giving interior camera a chance would be amazing, even with static steering wheels...

5. Police!

Now this idea is more complexed, but its also easy to make. Scripts for useful Police are laggy and complicated. Why not use players as a Police? It would be easy to make, just add police vinyls and police body upgrades, and we would get police made of real people catching speeding drivers in free roam. Imagine that!

6. Bodypoints

Now, this thing is more technical. I think everyone noticed that you cant do much with bodypoints. Of course we can use them to unlock body parts but thats it! If you unlocked everything, bodypoints can just keep stacking up!

What if we would be able to transfer body points into vinyl points, speedometers or even taskpoints? If prizes would be regulated in good proportions, that wouldnt destroy balance at all!

So that was my list of ideas. I hope at least one of them will make it into server :-)
Linia nie ściana, nawet ta podwójna...

Offline MelonTasty

Well, if players will play as police, then server will turn into Hot Pursuit.
And what is the Pink Slips? Smeared ice cream?
Bigger lobbys, as far as i know, are in plans.
Transfering bodypoints in vynilpoints or anything like that is pretty risky.
But yeah, i think that all this is can be pretty nice.

Offline Kurtz

Some ideas up are in plans. But anyway, do you actually think some player will spend his own time in free roam catching other players? Who would even waste their time catching in free-roam other players than playing races. Also, look at the theme that NFS is trying to obtain, its not trying to create a Hot Pursuit theme but a Underground 1/2 theme.

Anyway, I don't know what you mean by pink slips. Eh, and money spending is quite argumentitive topic as it could be used in a ''good'' sense such as free-roam challenges, events and so on. But also, someone's friend will join and what next? He'll get over $5,000 on the start without playing - but then you can argue and say a maximum of $500/day to ONE person. So I am kinda mixed with this idea, as rather than money spending, you could create a script on ''own'' drags and so on. And another thing, interior view, I don't see it as a useful thing to do in the NEAR future but maybe in the late future as there is more important stuff to create/fix on the server.
[Image: 4dHTRqK.gif]

Offline MrAs

(14-03-2016, 14:00)Poker Wrote: 5. Police!

Now this idea is more complexed, but its also easy to make. Scripts for useful Police are laggy and complicated. Why not use players as a Police? It would be easy to make, just add police vinyls and police body upgrades, and we would get police made of real people catching speeding drivers in free roam. Imagine that!

Maybe don't add police vinyls etc. just do race mode for 6-8 players. It will look better than free roam with players as police.

Offline Diuheato

I think that these ideas are very good.
while(!success()) try();

Offline Poker

(14-03-2016, 15:38)Kurtz Wrote: Anyway, I don't know what you mean by pink slips. Eh, and money spending is quite argumentitive topic as it could be used in a ''good'' sense such as free-roam challenges, events and so on. But also, someone's friend will join and what next? He'll get over $5,000 on the start without playing - but then you can argue and say a maximum of $500/day to ONE person. So I am kinda mixed with this idea, as rather than money spending, you could create a script on ''own'' drags and so on. And another thing, interior view, I don't see it as a useful thing to do in the NEAR future but maybe in the late future as there is more important stuff to create/fix on the server.

Pink Slips are races for cars - They're called Pink Slips mainly because Registration Documents of cars in U.S are pink.

Also if it goes about money, keep in mind that even if you start with huge amount of money, it doesnt really give you much - you can buy your first car and first updates right after coming on server.

Offline LisiastyLis

Very interesting ideas but what the police can be a small problem caused by scripts and artificial intelligence and even if the police are the players that I doubt that many people would want to participate.

(14-03-2016, 15:55)MrAs Wrote:
(14-03-2016, 14:00)Poker Wrote: 5. Police!

Maybe don't add police vinyls etc. just do race mode for 6-8 players. It will look better than free roam with players as police.

That's not such a bad idea to introduce police stickers do with the usual Fortune:
http://download.gtanet.com/gtagarage/fil..._58789.jpg
[Image: EhBU2S8.jpg]

Offline Venom

1. People would whine after getting scammed and there would be numerous reports of them wanting their money back.
2. Same as 1. but with cars
3. Already suggested an rejected because of the unbalanced rewards problem. Only for future events.
4. I agree on this. We can even retexture the interiors to make them look better.
5. Nope. Unbalanced as hell, the server would either be 90% racers or 90% cops. NPC cops are a different thing, though.
6. Maybe only being able to transfer them to VPs, something like 3 BPs = 1 VP (it's not even an advantage over normal way of earning VPs)
[Image: oJ6eTtU.gif]

Offline Arbus

I only hope that the crew system will be added soon. I can't wait to watch crew battles. And maybe turf wars system like in nfs carbon? that would be really awesome : )

Offline Poker

(14-03-2016, 17:26)Venom Wrote: 1. People would whine after getting scammed and there would be numerous reports of them wanting their money back.
2. Same as 1. but with cars
3. Already suggested an rejected because of the unbalanced rewards problem. Only for future events.
4. I agree on this. We can even retexture the interiors to make them look better.
5. Nope. Unbalanced as hell, the server would either be 90% racers or 90% cops. NPC cops are a different thing, though.
6. Maybe only being able to transfer them to VPs, something like 3 BPs = 1 VP (it's not even an advantage over normal way of earning VPs)

Welp, I didnt though about some issues with few of mine ideas. But, at least it was worth suggesting :-)