facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Update idea: Revamp the sounds

Napisany przez takigosciu, 20-11-2018, 19:05

Update idea: Revamp the sounds

Offline takigosciu

Hi, it's me again. I have decided to create this little thread due to the thing, that we all [I don't think we have any actually deaf players] hear the most on server: The car sounds.

Some of them just pretty much sound obscure [ex. Elegy], repetetive [ex. Bravura/Washington/Euros/SGT - not sure about Cadrona but it may also be that same one], or sometimes sounding like a vaccum cleaner/toy car/just  b a d  [ex. Manana, Futo, Kuruma] because the recordings were done in the interior of the cars - i know thad back from the Venom's thread where he explained, what videos did those sounds come from.
I mean, there's also a group of cars, where sound is really nice, and really there's nothing to complain with them - Sultan, Sentinel, ZR, new Infernus etc.

What can we do with it?

1. Let's try to organize a little list of what has to be changed right now, what can wait, and what is already good:

a) DELET THIS
- Manana [vaccum]
- Bravura [repetetive]
- Washington [repetetive]
- Futo [vaccum]
- Kuruma [ear rape + basically an ETK 6 cylinder from BeamNG.drive]

b) pretty meh, but survivable
- Primo [after it got the new sound that replaced the old good Blista one, it sounds hideous]
- Monroe [where's the old unique sound from bartek's sound update video, current one sounds basically like every single muscl... american sports car/pony car. And the Beejay]
- Beejay XL [how in the world does it sound literally same as the Monroe, i don't think it had same engine]
- Blista Compact [it doesn't sound bad, but it also doesn't sound like a CRX, which it clearly is]
- Euros [repetetive - literally same as Bravura/Washington/SGT, it is just boring as hell at this point]
- Uranus [e?]
- Super GT [only in this car this specific sound makes any sense, but sadly it is so spoiled by the rest of cars reusng it, that it is just boring af]
- Fortune [it became really obscure in my opinion]
- Flash [vaccum, not as bad as the other vaccums though]

c) The real quality
- Sentinel
- Sultan
- ZR130
- Infernus [after the Content Update for it - here goes last standard SA sound]
- Mamba [no one uses, no one cares]

Please leave your thoughts, as the cars in there are just sorted by my one and only opinion, and it wouldn't be really fair to just use my ideas
Yes, i specially haven't posted few of the cars for this exact reason.

2. Finding some quality sounds:

So this stage i have kinda done [doesn't mean you shouldn't send your own stuff too]. Basically every sound on the server is ripped from an Youtube video or a game. Going this way i've decided to use the sounds from GMOD Workshop Assets [to be speific - Car mods]. I will send a pack of these to the server devs, when i find a proper replacement for each problematic vehicle. Why not here and now? I want you to have a surprise, and not know everything at first glance. Also i haven't acomplished my mission of finding quality replacements for each problematic vehicle

For now that's all i wanted to say. Leave your thoughts. Cya
[Image: 20181107_234030.gif]
~ powiedział niegdyś mądry człowiek

Offline LukaRaos

Support

Offline alfa

yes pl0x

Offline KiritoKN

me liek

Offline HanzoITS

Ofc, sounds are pretty important to be mentioned, but the current perspective is rather adding new customization features.
Nevertheless, I hope someone will pay attention to this...update yeah!
HZITS, Hanzo Itsuka, Colin McRae, HanzoITS

Offline Z-Boy

Sounds nice you know, hopefully they decide to replace some car sounds that are awful like the manana is really good example, also would be really good if Walton gets a new sounds too cuz the current one doesn't sound so good.
[Image: YKkR.gif]

Offline L1_TRACZ

I would like to hear NFS engine sounds.

Offline Akamataa

Actually I like Primo and Flash engine sound.
[Image: kiritoblockingbullets_by_setonami-d7xcxvq.gif]

Offline takigosciu

Hi again, i have decided to kinda start uploading the sounds that i think are really worth it.

I also decided to give all the public one small pack of what is already uploaded. [more hype?]
The sounds would probably have to be a little edited (thinks like, tire squeal, the gears - some sounds have 2 in 1) as they were oficially made for the GMOD.

Here's the pack. https://www.mediafire.com/file/052j2v2pv...1.zip/file

Sounds are direct ports out of GMOD addons, i written which inside

If you also have some interesting stuff that can work out - you know where to come Wink
[Image: 20181107_234030.gif]
~ powiedział niegdyś mądry człowiek

Offline PolskiCJ

I really wanna hear some new engine sounds tbf! Hope this will be checked or anything.
                                     Brothers
[Image: 426BAC3A9E632DB30B7D86A58DF956F759E233DC]