facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

[Tutorial] Static Car Models

Napisany przez Tekk, 18-05-2020, 21:50
[Tutorial] Static Car Models

Offline Tekk

(04-10-2020, 16:34)scaftz Wrote: The said shaking is how you can tell they are causing lag. Even they are standstill they are still an actual drivable cars and running constant physics calculations.

True. Also, I think it's worth to mention that the reason for this shaking is the editor coordinates (for the object) that were set wrongly. I believe when the car or any other dynamic object is clipping through the ground/some other solid stuff, the game is trying to push it out. In our case it doesn't really happen cause there's "freezing script" that is making the car to stay in one place. So the car just moves slightly and then gets forced back to its original coordinates. This way the process becomes a loop.

But anyways, having too many custom objects is bad in general. As I already mentioned above - the game doesn't support multicore, yet making the CPU to do the additional calculations in order to help the GPU with rendering/calculations, as back in the day these were underperforming. Nowadays it's not needed, but you can't stop it.

P.S. I don't remember it quite good, but I think it was Quindo who once mentioned it to me, that the way MTA editor works/adds new to the game is not the same way Rockstar originally added all of their objects. I don't think it would be possible to reproduce the SA map in the editor from scratch and get a decent performance in the end, as with the bigger object count the game starts acting up.

I'm surprised this thread is still alive but sorta happy there's people who's interested in the subject. Maybe one day the project will receive more optimizations. It's a nice place and it truly deserves more attention.

Messages In This Thread
[Tutorial] Static Car Models - by Tekk - 18-05-2020, 21:50
RE: [List] Static Car Models - by RacerTR - 24-05-2020, 00:19
RE: [List] Static Car Models - by scaftz - 05-06-2020, 12:15
RE: [List] Static Car Models - by Tekk - 06-06-2020, 03:47
RE: [List] Static Car Models - by Tekk - 22-09-2020, 22:30
RE: [List] Static Car Models - by 86DrifterYT - 24-09-2020, 10:51
RE: [List] Static Car Models - by scaftz - 04-10-2020, 16:34
RE: [List] Static Car Models - by Tekk - 05-10-2020, 15:15
RE: [List] Static Car Models - by adam11101 - 11-12-2020, 11:59
RE: [List] Static Car Models - by Tekk - 16-12-2020, 00:22