facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

SUVs

Napisany przez Kurtz, 26-03-2016, 18:58

SUVs

Offline Kurtz

I didn't see any suggestion similar to this one so I am here to suggest you on adding SUVs (in the future).

As I heard about muscles, and the NFS is trying to achieve an atmoshpere/climate similar to NFS U1/U2. As we all know, U2 contained also ONLY SUVs races. So ye, GTA SA contains a variety of SUV-like vehicles. Adding this kind of thing would add something new and fresh, this would also create new additional routes than just only unlocking similar class cars.

Hope you'll evaluate and take in mind my idea, cheers.
[Image: 4dHTRqK.gif]

Offline Tomi

I think thats a good idea but making those SUV's tuning looking like a normal tuning would be extremny hard because most of GTA:SA SUVs are just ugly and boxy

Offline Spotlight

I haven't heard anything about it yet, but i may guess SUVs will be implemented in future.

Offline bartekPL

I agree with this suggestion but this is for far future. We have many more important things to do first + it takes a lot of time to prepare one car with tuning etc. for NFSSA (just ask Venom, he is modeler and he is working on cars).

Offline Kurtz

Like I thought, for the far future. Thanks for the answer, good luck with the work.
[Image: 4dHTRqK.gif]

Offline Helomyname

Sorry about the bump, but I wanted to tag onto this suggestion with a list of reasonable requests and further suggestions. I wanted to make a new thread for this, but noticed the suggestion has already been made so I thought this is more reasonable.

I would also love for SUVs to appear on NFS:SA, they were one of my favourite elements in NFSU2. So, let's begin with what these cars could be within the GTA:SA universe. 

SUV CLASS CAR LIST

Rancher:

[Image: LWMibZy.png]
This car, or its alternative 4-Door FBI Rancher (can just be renamed to Rancher) is one of the most basic SUVs in GTA.

Sandking:
[Image: FxCarjA.png]
One of the most iconic offroaders in the 3D universe, made into a civilian vehicle would make a perfect car for the SUV class.

Landstalker:
[Image: OLtvpSf.png]
This SUV is a bit of a pussyfart tbh, but it'll have to do. A small alternative to the Rancher or Huntley for those who don't need to compensate, but still big and petrol-consuming. Might need to do a small edit on it to remove the wooden panels though, they look dumb as shit.

Huntley:
[Image: F5DBwrf.png]
possibly my favourite of them all - looks luxurious and nice while still maintaining its image as a growly i-dont-want-to-get-ran-over kind of car.

Yosemite:
[Image: t02NBSR.png]
Sure, in the original it may not have been a SUV but a pickup. But with nice 4-door mod, it becomes a goddamn Canyonero. It's quite beautiful.

Patriot:
[Image: aCKTEU5.png]

You can't have a SUV class without a Hummer somewhere in there. So, the military Patriot made civilian! Could feature a simple bullbar removal as one of the tuning options, with the rest being regular bumpers etc.

UNIQUE CAR POSSIBILITY TIME!
(the cars lister here are from the 3D universe, IMO there's too many from the HD universe already)

LCS Lanstalker:
[Image: wCRUbKF.png]
This one fits my taste far better than the SA landstalker - it's long, roundish, and SUV!

VC Gang Rancher:
[Image: iFgsV4S.png]

Big, bulky, looks badass as hell. This would probably have to be my car of choice if there ever was a SUV class. You'd probably have to rename it or something though, like you named the Counthash.

III Cartel Cruiser:
[Image: kFzmvcN.png]

A beautiful little EXT style SUV to spice things up a little and add variety!

UNIQUE CAR LOCATION

Now, at this point, you may be asking: Where would I find such car? The answer is obvious: Mount Chilliad. This place is not within a city, doesn't have a unique car present there already, and is a hill climb which is exactly what an off-road car should require. It's perfect! Like the devs already planned this to happen or something ;))

Uniques map with a SUV added would look like this:
[Image: 6IFNfbv.png]

Exclusive Races?

Having offroad vehicles opens a range of possibilities for some dirtier tracks.
Here are some examples of where these could take place:
[Image: J6YXoPG.png] [Image: qzdfFlx.png] [Image: zd1fQl8.png]

Obviously, there are far more than this to be created.

I hope this suggestion is considered for the future of the NFS:SA Server :)

Offline Venom

We have plans/completed features of some of these already. I'm only gonna respond to the stuff that is worth doing so.

Sandking isn't a good choice, as it's pretty much a road illegal racing special. Making civil version of it just doesn't much sense, as it's based off the Bowler Wildcat.
Recently I realised that taking cars from older GTA game isn't a good thing, as these cars have even less details than SA cars. Buggy comes from GTA 3 beta but it looks alright. You can notice this problem with counthash for example, even though that's not a R* model.
I also noticed you understand that it's gonna be just offroad, no bullshit (see what I did there).
You can keep making these prototype maps, they're always welcome.

Also, the area for unique SUV won't be mount chilliad. Hint: GTA SA beta map
[Image: oJ6eTtU.gif]

Offline Helomyname

The Bowler Wildcat is essentially a modified Land Rover, is it not? Surely a civil Sandking brings it back to a land rover :)

I don't think bringing older models is a problem, as there are plenty which are created in SA style, whereas the problem with the HD universe models is that they are often far too detailed (Monroe, Mamba).

As you can see here, the model could literally pass of as another GTA SA vehicle: http://www.gamemodding.net/en/gta-san-an...uiser.html
You CAN put models from older games, you just have to pick the right ones. Even with counthash, i still think it looks really pretty.

EDIT:
Here is a SA Cartel Cruiser: http://www.gamemodding.net/en/gta-san-an...uiser.html
Here is a SA Gang Rancher: http://www.gamemodding.net/ru/gta-san-an...ncher.html
Here is a SA LCS Landstalker: http://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/c...ndstalker/

I don't think any of those can be called "underdetailed"

Offline Venom

It was made by Bowler from scratch, althought it uses a few parts from Land Rover.

I don't think anyone bothers to improve the older models to match SA quality, except for those who literally make them more detailed than GTA 5 cars. None of the GTA 5 cars we have are using their high poly model. I chose medium LOD model to fit SA atmosphere.

I know we can do this kind of thing, but as I said these cars often lack details that even SA cars have.
[Image: oJ6eTtU.gif]

Offline Helomyname

Sure, 'some' cars often 'might' lack the SA detail, but the ones i submitted in the post above are not the case. When you look at that Monroe you can still see that it is MORE detailed than SA cars (see: interior, badge, curves, sides, doors, all of it), making it stand out even more.