facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Classes and car score

Napisany przez MTX, 21-09-2018, 15:12
Classes and car score

Offline scaftz

I don't really like this for some reason, it's rather boring although i like the big plus which is it's competitiveness. I can already see the Manana and Infernus performance comparison would be something like a Turtle and a Rocket. Even rusty old car should be possible to make as fast as a performance sports car when heavily tuned. I never see this kind of performance bracketing on any racing game. Going back slower than your maxed starter car on the fresh car should be a thing, otherwise people will just immediately ditch their previous car as soon as he unlocked one from the upper classes.

I also don't really think it will be that easy to implement. The dev would need to actually edit ALL of the cars's handling one by one to match the new scoring you mentioned, which is i doubt they would want to. They don't even want to tweak few cars to fix class specific unbalanceness, with the reason "Nerfing best car on it's class will make 2nd best car the new best car" which doesn't make sense i would say. I am sure there's always a value where it will balance, even though not a perfect 1:1, but at least it won't make such occurence like a certain car having 0% chance of winning against the other one. I mean, just look at Turismo, no matter how well you tune it and how hard you mastered it, you will be still an easy prey for an Infernus, no matter what. 

And as for class B domination on 300-350 and As on 400 above, that's the class initial score's and tuning part score gain's fault. Handling gives so much advantage, but don't give as much score to the car, and higher class cars have more base amount of it and you can even flood it more into it, giving it monstrous handling for a still relatively low score. Tires and WR score gain and classes initial score should be adjusted so putting Accel and Topspeed should be a considerable option when upgrading. 

I don't want this post to be bunch ideas of how to balance so i will just stop now. I doubt the dev would even read it anyway, and i also feel that i could be wrong somewhere. In short, i am rooting more into balancing instead of a new system. If the dev going to pull up a "It's hard to make everything balanced" then yeah sure go ahead and try to implement a new system if it seems easier to do than that.

Messages In This Thread
Classes and car score - by MTX - 21-09-2018, 15:12
RE: Classes and car score - by scaftz - 21-09-2018, 16:34
RE: Classes and car score - by MTX - 21-09-2018, 17:47
RE: Classes and car score - by Akamataa - 21-09-2018, 23:01
RE: Classes and car score - by MTX - 22-09-2018, 09:19
RE: Classes and car score - by Akamataa - 22-09-2018, 11:09
RE: Classes and car score - by MTX - 22-09-2018, 12:11
RE: Classes and car score - by scaftz - 22-09-2018, 12:42