Need For Speed :: San Andreas
Normal races on Url maps - Printable Version

+- Need For Speed :: San Andreas (https://www.nfssa.com)
+-- Forum: English Forums (https://www.nfssa.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: New Suggestions (https://www.nfssa.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Normal races on Url maps (/showthread.php?tid=11224)

Normal races on Url maps - Akatoyaa - 19-02-2019

I have idea how make URL easier for new players, add url race maps to standard race mode, under another section [call il race track or something, i suck at naming], why we shoud do that:
  • New players are joining URL without even knowing how maps look like, they can get some experiance if URL maps are avaliable at custom race. It will reduce Rage quite possibility, and experianced players will be little faster = they will get some points = they will do more url [ofc not all of them]
  • Better way to test your setups, we can test our setups on Dyno test track, but for most of players it is just waste of time, becouse u are not getting any rp/money. And we will get possibility to test LSAP tracks [freerun lsap sucks, becouse theres no walls]
  • Farming method for track guys, and other players that hate nfssa lambreaker
  • u can add more city race tracks in future, nfs prostreet / shift fans will be happy and this ^ guys ^ too
  • better top time rotation on URL maps, some of top times don't change after year even if they are easy to beat u can't do it becouse getting R map in URL is almost impossible
  • becouse theres no need for lampbeaker u can add POSSIBILITY  to turn on collisions [rammers and some of track guys will be happy] but don't make it permanent becouse i will hate u guys [and some other players too] xD
  • possibility to compare your times vs other players. [Reducing number of rage quit]
If u are thinking that is not NFS like, then remember NFS PROSTREET was the best NFS game ever made Big Grin

2nd option but noobs won't gain anything, only for pros Big Grin
Add LSAP version dyno track with walls ofc.
Add time counter on starting point in bayview [remember last time and best time] u can add this to lsap, but idk where, there is probably 1 point where most of maps is going through.

RE: Normal races on Url maps - Lefty - 20-02-2019

The title was misleading before, ty for fixing it.
I like the idea of being able to race on url tracks outside url. +1

RE: Normal races on Url maps - whiteseed - 20-02-2019

What's the point? You can practice Baywiev in performance shop and LSAP is like bigger street-x. URL tracks seem to be a little to boring for normal racing. I wold rather see some changes to URL tournaments like:
- Rooms by classes (A-E, 5 rooms) not scores. Because you should be able to race with maxed car, not downgraded like e.g. brakeless setups.
- Reworked rewards: more cash for 'loosers'; less cash for winners in 'all win' farms; delete x3 rewards option in special URL's and set x2 as maximum to make tournaments less gamebraking.
-Delete voting for track direction so backwards tracks will be used more.

RE: Normal races on Url maps - Akatoyaa - 20-02-2019

(20-02-2019, 02:16)whiteseed Wrote: What's the point? You can practice Baywiev in performance shop and LSAP is like bigger street-x. URL tracks seem to be a little to boring for normal racing. I wold rather see some changes to URL tournaments like:
- Rooms by classes (A-E, 5 rooms) not scores. Because you should be able to race with maxed car, not downgraded like e.g. brakeless setups.
- Reworked rewards: more cash for 'loosers'; less cash for winners in 'all win' farms; delete x3 rewards option in special URL's and set x2 as maximum to make tournaments less gamebraking.
-Delete voting for track direction so backwards tracks will be used more.
Did u even read my post, or just saw title and writed what u think w/o reading why I think we should do this

RE: Normal races on Url maps - scaftz - 20-02-2019

Um, no. Honestly agreeing with whiteseed with some point. This will make URL less special and feel like just another normal races but with tournament points system in it. Which in the long run it will probably reduce amount of people wanting to join URL rather than increasing since people already bored with the tracks or knowing they won't have a chance since they already got beaten numerous amount of time earlier outside URL tournaments.

Upvoting the possibility to test drive on LSAP, with track barriers of course. Can't really test properly on Street X due to lack of speed.

Also one more thing, how about giving players only one track vote for race directions instead of on all three tracks? It will surely increase the chance of getting reverse tracks i bet.

RE: Normal races on Url maps - whiteseed - 20-02-2019

(20-02-2019, 02:37)Akatoyaa Wrote: Did u even read my post, or just saw title and writed what u think w/o reading why I think we should do this
Yes, i did read your post and I think it's a bad idea. BTW Bartek said collisions are impossible due to synchronizations problems on high speeds.

Oh ok good to know :-D well it's not like I need collisions

RE: Normal races on Url maps - susis - 20-02-2019

lol no that would make url unplayed

URL gives u much higher rewards and locust Big Grin

RE: Normal races on Url maps - scaftz - 20-02-2019

...if you are winning. Which on this case have nothing in particular with casual players since they come only to mostly participate to get the bare minimum rewards.