facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

UI Improvements Part 1: Freerun UI (NOT DESIGN)

Napisany przez BShen-V12, 15-08-2017, 15:00
UI Improvements Part 1: Freerun UI (NOT DESIGN)

Offline BShen-V12

So... after I discovered that the massive lags in Doherty which is actually caused by UI (sounds weird eh), I figured out how it might works and came up with this idea. In case a dude has a shit PC to run.
***(assuming this is caused by performance problems. Might be caused by connections, but hey, that works here.)

Nametags / Info
I believe this is where things gets clogging. In high-density zones like Doherty the game had to load up so much data at once that the game went almost freezing. Even though my rig in question handles quite some AAA games (at bare minimum, smoothly).
Fix? Set a parameter as max player info loaded in certain range (while keeping everything untouched)
AND/OR
Hide everything except driver's nickname. Else is stored inside "player info" section which will only load under user request.

PLAYER INFO: 
Here's a box of stuff, can be always-on-top UI box or just info put on side of the screen, while you still have full controls over your car.
Inside there comes with info that maybe shows everything visible from website database. With additional info such as his crew, position, status etc. 
Current ways of checking player info is too inefficient. You had to look up the name from F7, while by this way you just hit a button from right-click mode.
For reference, look up NFSW's player info function. It works as the game's U key (driver info) by selecting player info from right click.

***The whole UI system of NFSSA, in my opinion, should be reworked. I'll give more details once I gather enough information on correspondent parts.
More about Freerun UI will be posted in a new post (as they're about different stuffs).

Offline Helomyname

Turn off crew logos and driver names in the options, youll find it really does increase your FPS quite a bit.

Offline BShen-V12

(16-08-2017, 10:24)Helomyname Wrote: Turn off crew logos and driver names in the options, youll find it really does increase your FPS quite a bit.

indeed. but the problem is in case a guy's gonna check some info (i.e. when he received a crew reqs from a dude) in case he needs it. problem is right now going through that is quite tricky (plus, crew info isn't even in it). Or even someone gonna turn on crew logo from F11 and off again, but that just shows the logo and you might have no idea what the hell that crew even is.
I'm not sure there's even like 10% of players would bother use it 'cause it's too troublesome.