facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Unlocking Vinyls pt.2

Napisany przez Venom, 06-02-2016, 22:24

Unlocking Vinyls pt.2

Offline Venom

Me and Bartek just had a discussion about whether you should be able to find parts for unique cars after unlocking a car from the same class, or after buying a car from the same class. However, that's for a different discussion. The main problem is that I misunderstood Bartek's changes to current vinyl system at http://www.nfssa.com/thread-61-post-351.html#pid351

Different people have different opinions, tastes and preferences, however I want to break through the current system we have now and a different system I tried to suggest.

1. Unlocking vinyls using lottery. This system is very much like the CSGO's case unlocking system. However, what Bartek didn't fully notice is that even though many MMO's have this kind of system, they also usually have a way of paying for what you actually want (including CSGO). If you're not very interested in choosing the vinyl, or if you just don't care, this system will probably be suitable for you. It mostly doesn't harm anyone, except for the people who want to choose vinyls which they really want. Which is why I suggested the second system.

2. Unlocking vinyls which you want. I choose which vinyl I want and I have it straight away, what's bad about this ? This system has no barriers, I find it more enjoyable when I drive a car that has a vinyl that I actually chose instead of a random vinyl.  The only legit disadvantage I found is that you have an advantage over people who wan't their vinyls to be randomly chosen.

Both systems contradict each other, which is why I decided to look back at CSGO and think: "Hmm, but CSGO has both these systems at the same time..."

3. Having both systems at the same time. This is in my opinion the best compromise between both systems. You either choose the vinyl which you want, or you use the lottery function.

To explain my misunderstanding, I thought that Bartek suggested the third option in his post. But as he told me afterwards, he meant something else than I did.
I hope you all will take your time and think about this issue we are having, I hope for as many replies as possible.
[Image: oJ6eTtU.gif]

Offline Spotlight

I think that current system is pretty good. There are better and worse looking vinyls tbh and people always want their cars to look the best. Unlocking what you want gonna make whole visual tuning look the same. Imagine people, who unlock the only one vinyl they want.
What we've got?

First, 1 of 4 cars propably's going to look the same.

Second, it makes current system completly useless. What's the point keeping VP's in game? There would be also no point having TP. They would only unlock one vinyl, spend few points on speedometers then what would they spend points for? I don't really think spending them on cash is the real reason they were implemented.

You can make pretty good stuff with flame, stripes pack etc. And I think that's what we wanna see rather than people with the same unique or set vinyl.

Offline Malak

We can't let the player choose to unlocking one vinyls. Because that suppose to let see every vinyls available and its no more interesting for the players.
Don't forget that the vinyls aren't unlimited and MTA can't support an infinity of loaded image.

The best way is the lottery, its make this thing more interesting, and the player will enjoy to unlock some good vinyls randomly because they can get "unique style" for their cars.

So i am for let this system lke this at 100% at the moment.
[Image: WiiNgHg.jpg]

Offline Bananovy

I just agree with Spotlight and Malak. If players will be able to unlock vinyls which he wants then propably we'll see many cars with the same vinyls since the beginning.
[Image: Dhqbtv0.png]

Offline Venom

Here's the problem. We see the same people, with the exact same opinion. But what about some other people ? I know most people want the 1st system, but there are also some who like 2nd system, which is why I suggested a 3rd option of both systems at the same time. Do you like the 1st system ? Sure, you can use lottery. Do you like the 2nd system ? You can use that system instead.
I'm really disappointed.. It's a wasted potential of having hundreds of vinyls, where different people like different vinyls. But I guess you don't care. I guess you treat vinyls like "ok, I'm gonna put that random vinyl on my car, I don't care how it looks, but I'm gonna use it". It breaks the idea of carefully choosing vinyls, putting them together and creating your masterpiece.

EDIT: Just to add, it makes vinyls completely useless to people who want to make their cars look the way they want them to look. You either have to farm vinyl points for a long time, or just fuck off and not use vinyls at all. You all ignore these points I'm making.

@Spotlight And why the hell do you even mention the second system making all the people have same vinyls, while you yourself would use lottery either way ? Or do you want the 1st system to be some kind of dictature ? It doesn't make any sense to remove freedom from people.

Offline Oskiinus

I would just leave the system like it was in beta, personally.
[Image: H6zD1w6.png]
[Image: qHuOc0y.png]
(06-10-2016, 20:36)Venom Wrote: zkurvená zajebaná dojebaná vyjebaná pojebaná mrdka

Offline Spotlight

@Venom
Do you actually think someone is going to use lottery when they can unlock whatever they want? Personally, I wouldn't. I would buy just few vinyls i like most and screw the rest. That's the point.
And what's wrong with farming VPs? You have 6 different car classes, and if you want to unlock them all you have to play a lot. You will collect all the vinyls anyway, so what's wrong with the lottery?

It's much more fun when you're playing with your friends, and you get lucky and unlock a super-fucking-badass vinyl. You can seem some kind of special or unique, rather than having everything at the beginning. It's an online game. More of that, it's a race game. You always competite with others, that's why we shouldn't make everyone equal, even on vinyl point.

Offline Venom

Equality ? What ? We have so many vinyls that it can be just a coincidence of tastes if someone has the same vinyls as someone else. And this can happen even if the people unlock the same vinyls. I've seen this type of randomization system in some other online games (not MMOs), and people complained about everything being too random and being based just on your luck. Luck. This will make me ignore vinyls, even though I really like them. I can just spend lots of cash instead and buy everything else then.. Because if I decide to spend all my hard earned rewards on vinyls, there's a tiny chance I will get a vinyl which I like.

Offline Spotlight

That's why you have VPs. You don't have to exchange TPs on Vinyl.

Offline Bananovy

Well... how about make a unlock system like for performance upgrades? For 1 VP player would have a choice to take 1 of 3 random vinyls. It would be still a lottery, but also player will have possibility to make own decision which vinyls he wants.
[Image: Dhqbtv0.png]