facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Hood-view or first person view.

Napisany przez Goro, 22-10-2016, 16:07

Hood-view or first person view.

Offline Goro

As the subject says. I think it'd be a Cool feature to have. In 3rd person you can See f.e whats behind the corner. In 1st person/Hood view.things can go wrong and unexpected anytime. If you say "no" to the cause of ugly interiors, I can suggest 1 simple solution. In GRID AUTOSPORT the problem of non-interactive low resolution cockpits has been solved by moving the camera directly to the wheel or blurying the interior. Consider the option. Im a 3D gamer and... I cant enjoy 3rd person at all. Current bumper-view is Just huge nah.

Wysłane z mojego C5303 przy użyciu Tapatalka
[Image: raw]

Offline MelonTasty

Suggested before. And "engine sound" suggestion too. Use search next time.
[Image: pLnKk3j.png]
ミ●﹏☉ミ

Offline Goro

(22-10-2016, 20:43)MelonTasty Wrote: Suggested before. And "engine sound" suggestion too. Use search next time.

Meh, it should be implented long time ago. Also a scripting team promised us a new, NFS-like camera style, so I am asking now. Where is it?

Offline Quindo

I experimented with custom camera, but I wasn't able to get any good result. Making it follow the car is pretty easy, making it actually follow it properly and be visually pleasing at the same time is much harder to do.
Some kind of cockpit view would be nice tho.
[Image: Sj14yZE.gif]

Offline MelonTasty

What about moving normal (rear) camera to the bumper? Doesn't work too?
[Image: pLnKk3j.png]
ミ●﹏☉ミ

Offline Quindo

You can't just move the camera, you need to use setCameraMatrix, so you need the position of camera and position that camera should look at updated every frame. As I said it's pretty easy to make it static, so hood view wouldn't be so hard to do, but following camera is much harder.

Offline Goro

(23-10-2016, 10:16)Quindo Wrote: You can't just move the camera, you need to use setCameraMatrix, so you need the position of camera and position that camera should look at updated every frame. As I said it's pretty easy to make it static, so hood view wouldn't be so hard to do, but following camera is much harder.
So... Can we expect Hood-view any soon? Also, What about moving the camera to rear bumper as Melon said and making it static? I think it could've worked aswell.

Sent from my sexy C5303 using dankatalk

Offline Helomyname

Static wouldnt work well, it would make you dizzy with every bump being picked up on by the static cam

Offline Quindo

As helo said static camera has no smoothing whatsoever, proper rear camera should give the car freedom to turn a bit before moving that way, react to breaking and accelerating, make use of damping, process the line of sight to make sure it isn't stuck behind any obstacles. Creating camera sounds easy in theory, but in practice it is hard to do without previous experience with such things.

Offline SandKing

It will be so hard, but I think it's awesome idea (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)