facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Engine/exhaust sound based on the setup.

Napisany przez Goro, 22-10-2016, 16:02

Engine/exhaust sound based on the setup.

Offline Venom

(29-10-2016, 21:44)Sam. Wrote: Well, actually the turbo blow-off sound changes with the different stages wich is kinda cool.
I just would prefer to rework a few already existing sounds, most of them sound really good but super gt for example has a kinda bad transmission if i remember right.

That's probably one of the examples of placebo effect (or whatever you want to call this) I've seen in a long time.

Turbo doesn't change its sound at different levels and there's not "short-cut gears transmission" sound either.
[Image: oJ6eTtU.gif]

Offline Sam.

(29-10-2016, 22:01)Venom Wrote:
(29-10-2016, 21:44)Sam. Wrote: Well, actually the turbo blow-off sound changes with the different stages wich is kinda cool.
I just would prefer to rework a few already existing sounds, most of them sound really good but super gt for example has a kinda bad transmission if i remember right.

That's probably one of the examples of placebo effect (or whatever you want to call this) I've seen in a long time.

Turbo doesn't change its sound at different levels and there's not "short-cut gears transmission" sound either.

Ofc the turbo sound changes lol.
Stage 0 - No turbo sound obviously
Stage 1 - really short blow-off noise
Stage 2/3 - long blow-off noise

And i werent talking about a "short-cut gears transmission" sound, just that the sgt sound is bad.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Offline Venom

Of course you won't hear turbo sound when you don't have a turbo installed.. I was talking about sound difference between turbo levels. Turbo sound depends on how much boost there is before you let off the gas, if there's upshift when the boost hasn't reached maximum, you hear the shorter sound, if the boost is full, you hear the longer sound.
Well, you mentioned bad transmission when talking about SGT.

Offline Sam.

(29-10-2016, 22:27)Venom Wrote: Of course you won't hear turbo sound when you don't have a turbo installed.. I was talking about different turbo levels. Turbo sound depends on how much boost there is before you let off the gas, if there's upshift when the boost hasn't reached maximum, you hear the shorter sound, if the boost is full, you hear the longer sound.
Well, you mentioned transmission when talking about SGT.

It may be the same sound idle, one is shorter, one longer, so it sounds different in the stages.
Changing the lenght of a sound is still a change... i don't know why you call it a placebo effect.
And by the way, i was commend you for that turbo script.

What i basicly meant about the SGT, wich was just an example, is that it sounds a littlebit unclean when it comes to shifting, that may be just a bad idle. (no offense)
[Image: giphy.gif]

Offline Venom

Every stage (1-3) is the same, you can hear the long sound even in stage 1, that's what I meant (saying this once again).

Away Hexagon

(29-10-2016, 21:32)Venom Wrote: In UG2 it was simple, at certain performance tuning the sound switches to a different sound. This however means twice as many sound samples (currently we have 23 sound types if I'm not mistaken). That equals to another at least 50 hours of work (there's a lot of editing to be done and finding suitable sound recordings is usually difficult as well).

nope.

in future will be cool see this