facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Circuit - Devotion ✝ (V2)

Napisany przez GuiLTheGr8, 24-11-2023, 14:49
Circuit - Devotion ✝ (V2)

Offline GuiLTheGr8

My second circuit. This one's longer and with a more intricate layout, and it's situated in San Fierro.

My biggest objective with this was to make a San Fierro circuit that (hopefully) doesn't suck ass Tongue
Tried avoiding too much steep hills and turns right after jumps which is a sin SF maps tend to commit.

Also tried to put some care into the scenery, which includes a whole new passage on the Baseball Park.

The circuit starts at the Doherty train station and passes through areas like the hotels, Garcia Baseball Park, Queens Tunnel and the Ocean Flats Cathedral.

As usual, videos of me driving the circuit in forward and reverse.

Forward
https://youtu.be/_UcNSZGoasM

Reverse
https://youtu.be/yKqJGS62r-k

I actually did two laps on each video now, one showing the "regular" line and the other more focused on shortcuts.

Map download: 

.zip   devotion.zip (Size: 34.63 KB / Downloads: 0)

Let me know what you think.

Offline scaftz

You can try to use this next time https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FpqlIoG...p=drivesdk

Route looks interesting and one of a kind take with the tunnel part, its just the cutting to grass path that kinda feel off. There is also a bit too much of this white fence thing.

0:01 - Starting off its too much construction wall, leaving the area open shouldn't be a problem because people don't just drive there for no reason and just arrow the intersection ahead. The arrows right ahead should be curving forming too. And that arrows on the left side is simply pointing backwards lol.
0:09 - You can extend the arrows until it reach the building just fine, shouldn't look too spammy. These white fences are a bit getting overused in the rest of the map.
0:30 - Add closed gate to this parking garage because people might accidentally drive into it.
0:36 - Incomplete fence found.
0:46 - Rather than Y rotating the fence and make it look goofy, maybe just keep it as it is and have the whole fence level to each other.
1:07 - Same problem, maybe use a different object because this one is not made for it. Iron fences work and look good with Y rotations.

Offline GuiLTheGr8

(24-11-2023, 18:31)scaftz Wrote: You can try to use this next time https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FpqlIoG...p=drivesdk

Route looks interesting and one of a kind take with the tunnel part, its just the cutting to grass path that kinda feel off. There is also a bit too much of this white fence thing.

0:01 - Starting off its too much construction wall, leaving the area open shouldn't be a problem because people don't just drive there for no reason and just arrow the intersection ahead. The arrows right ahead should be curving forming too. And that arrows on the left side is simply pointing backwards lol.
0:09 - You can extend the arrows until it reach the building just fine, shouldn't look too spammy. These white fences are a bit getting overused in the rest of the map.
0:30 - Add closed gate to this parking garage because people might accidentally drive into it.
0:36 - Incomplete fence found.
0:46 - Rather than Y rotating the fence and make it look goofy, maybe just keep it as it is and have the whole fence level to each other.
1:07 - Same problem, maybe use a different object because this one is not made for it. Iron fences work and look good with Y rotations.

Thank you for the review scaftz, very cool. Cool

As for each of your points:

0:01 - Yeah, the backwards arrows were a total oversight lol. I'll fix it. I'll experiment with curving the other arrow wall too.
About leaving the construction area open though, not sure if I agree. The construction walls match the area and make the direction more clear.

0:09 - Alright, I'll try it.

0:30 - Not sure if gates are needed, there's already road barriers blocking the entrances to the parking lots. And there's invisible barriers around their whole perimeter too. Maybe raising their walls somehow or adding fences to them would make it more clear that they're not drivable?

0:36 - That fence was left purposely "incomplete" there since there's a pedestrian path that would've been blocked. There's a bollard to help signalize in a more realistic manner, and an invisible barrier there too.

0:46 - Yeah, I think that'd be a good idea.

1:07 - Yeah, I'll try using iron fences around the Baseball Park like you said, should help with the general excessiveness of mesh fences too and making things more varied.

Offline GuiLTheGr8

V2 of the map just uploaded. Links were updated. Based on feedback by Remo and Scaftz.

-Way less white mesh fences (fenceshit1, 2 and 3) used. Some were replaced with vegetation and invisible walls, and the whole baseball park area now has black iron fences around it instead. Things should be way more visually varied now and nicer to look at. Also some downright unnecessary fences were removed.

-Fixed one arrow wall that was facing the opposite direction.

-Improved some other arrow walls.

-Closed off some minor alleyways that were still left open.

-Decreased angle and height of the church parking lot ramp.

-Other minor scenery changes.

(Also, turned off that horrid motion blur in the videos. Thank you Scaftz for the resource)