facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Decreasing confusion for new players, so they dont ragequit the server after 1 minute

Napisany przez RaceFreak, 21-04-2018, 18:46
Decreasing confusion for new players, so they dont ragequit the server after 1 minute

Offline MatthewChow

I know the devs gotta code for that idea and stuff, but, I mean, come on. It's either a last stretch of effort to make a bad situation workable, or, it's lose what you got. Years of a great, awesome work virtually "lost" (in a non-literal sense) like that is just a shame.
It doesn't even have to be an advanced campaign, it can be simple challenges, even Tofu delivery is good at this point! Just something to "ease the pain" at the start of a new career. Taxi missions, whatever! It's things that are even already there in the main game and can be even used as an "excuse" or a little plot-line as to "why or how you become a racer" with some vague clever writing. Like in NFSU, I guess.

Actually, thinking further into that, the way I'd roughly do it maybe is to simply have a button in the menu labeled "Beginner's Campaign". Then, when you'd press that, a menu kinda like GranTurismo's driving school would come up (just much less complicate looking, lol) and we'd have various tabs like "Introduction to Drag Race", for example, with a little text above when you pressed it like "This is a small introduction to drag races, bla bla bla, you shift up and down pressing these keys, try to hit the green RPM thingy, bla bla bla, have fun. Reward for completing this task: 1000RP, 500$, 1 Bodypoint". Then, you'd be transported to a random drag strip and raced to a timer, or an obviously too slow AI car if the devs decide to include that.
Do a bunch of those for each category, explain some other things for rewards, some menu related things included, best ways to level up the car and get money and bam. In an easy intuitive way a new player has a solid idea of what's going on and already has a competitive car to start with.
Lots of "copy and paste" coding work too, because it's always the same thing, so, that's a plus.
Whatcha think of that?
[Image: TEgVg7dMvlbFQYoF3YFE_iT3-MR9op3yBLZV4K_a...jfcQ=w2400]
I invite you to eat a sock.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Decreasing confusion for new players, so they dont ragequit the server after 1 minute - by MatthewChow - 30-04-2018, 23:12