The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Decreasing confusion for new players, so they dont ragequit the server after 1 minute

Napisany przez RaceFreak, 21-04-2018, 18:46
Decreasing confusion for new players, so they dont ragequit the server after 1 minute

Offline RaceFreak

There are many new players coming to this server each day, but too many of them are discouraged by confusion and quit, never come back.
I have seen way too many times, a new player, stock car, and he joins the custom race against a A class, after 1 lap he realizes that he has no chance, since other cars fly as fast as UFOs compared to his car.
In this Thread, I will point out the reasons why new players are leaving, and propose my solutions to the problems. This server deserves more players, but because of a few simple problems, they all leave after few minutes, and this server suffers low numbers as a result.

Problems:

1. New players do not  realize that car score number is the performance rating of their car.
2. New players do not realize, that quick race game-mode has matchmaking, in which they can race against similarly fast cars, and have a pleasant and fair race, compared to the custom race madness.
3. None of the new players read the F9 tutorials, right after joining the game, they did not start a game, to spend their hours reading a wall of text. (F9 tutorial is well done, and provides good info for players who have some problem later in the game, I am not saying that its bad, but simply none of the new players will read it in the first minute of their time on this server)

Solution: All that needs a change is the "Race" window after pressing the "race" button in the garage.  

changes to the "Race" window:

1: Lock out the new players out of the custom race, until they finished 3 quick races (or whatever number you deem appropriate)
2: change the text below the "Quick race" from the current text to "fair racing against cars with similar performance car score" to make it clear,        that this is a fair way to race.
3: Grey out the "Custom Race" column
4: Add a counter "0/3 quick races played" above the "Custom Race" column, to make it clear why a new player cant access it.

Seriously, this server is amazing, has many hours of work poured into it, its a shame that new players ragequit after one minute. I welcome suggestions of other players on this topic, as I am sure many of you have more elegant solutions, than to lock custom race.

In the attachment, I uploaded my mock-up of what the race window would roughly look like. (I am no photoshop prodigy, I know its not well done Big Grin)

Messages In This Thread
Decreasing confusion for new players, so they dont ragequit the server after 1 minute - by RaceFreak - 21-04-2018, 18:46