The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Akamataa Dyno Guide and my Dyno Setups??

Napisany przez Akamataa, 24-03-2018, 20:39
Akamataa Dyno Guide and my Dyno Setups??

Offline Akamataa

Hi everyone, it is time for first real dyno Guide. I will try to explain all dyno aspects as detailed as i can. But at first i have to tell, that this will be "Work in Progress" guide, cuz i need some time for proper translation. Additionaly if u want i will write here, my setups and Dyno tunes [with example race video if u guy's will want]. Of course, everything here will be based on my "feelings", cuz i don't have access to server scripts and i don't know what exactly dyno settings change, thus, misunderstandings may occur.

But before u get into Dyno, u need to upgrade your car, so i will show, how to make "good" setup for url, and similar score limited races. [Ofc some players have better methods, but this is how I make my setups :3]
  • First, u need to get CORE upgrades, I always use this as my Setup BASE: Tires 3, Nitro 3, Weight Reduction [WR] 1. If u can't fit in score limit with this, start upgrading your car from Tires, then Nos, and last WR. This Base will give u grip  boost and let u to change most important settings in dyno [tire pressure, center of mass and downforce].
  • Ok now your upgrades will be based on, race type, if u want to focus on acceleration, u should upgrade first Drivetrain > Turbo > Ecu > Engine, if u need more v-max upgrade first Engine > Ecu > Drivetrain > Turbo, when u need more grip, or just better turning upgrade WR first, u can ignore Brakes and Suspension [upgrade to street if u realy need one eg. Suspension for Vintage and Jester]
  • Generaly for lsap u should upgrade your car this way; BASE > Drivetrain > turbo > ecu > WR > Engine > Brakes > Suspension. For Bay is similar, but u need start from BASE > WR > Drivetrain ...
  • Ofc for Street-x Races u don't need NOS and grip is most imporant, so for s-x u should upgrade your car this way: Tires > WR > Drivetrain > Turbo > ECU > Engine > Brakes > Suspension.
If u have problem with braking power, just use handbrake tap metod + normal braking.

Dyno Guide

1. Drivetrain setting: ok this is simple one, move bar to left side for better acceleration, or to right side for better v-max, it's generaly all, but there is 1 bug, suv cars and maybe [not confirmed] low tuned cars with low acceleration and v-max are getting better acceleration on "top speed" setting, so in suvs always put your bar to +10. In nfssa races more important is acceleration than v-max, so if u will not use this car for races like ambasador, just put your drivetrain bar to -10. For Lasp, and bayview u need to adjust more carrefully, cuz here u often drive with max speed, so suggest at first set bar to -10 and then every time u hit your v-max for more than 3-5s, move it a little to top speed side.

2. Suspension 
    -Stiffness: More stiff = faster Suspension reaction to road unevenness and better drift controll, softer suspension prevents from sliding, but if your car knock over on curbs, u should increase supsenssion stiffnes, but if your car is
     shaking"  when driving on normal road, u should decrease stiffness.
    -Ride height: Generaly lower car = better, lowering your car increases stability on flat road, but your car can knock over on curbs or lose grip on road unevenness, if u have problem with this u
     should increase ride height.
    -Bias: This one change what side of car is higher rear of front, if u move bias to rear, your car front will be lowered and rear will be rised. Also moving bias to rear will increase oversteer and
     cornering speed, but can make your car sliping over on curbs. Moving bias to front will increase stability [controll] and makes car understeer. Additionaly moving bias to far to front or rear can
     make your car sensitive to curbs [knock over], after some additional test, best setting is to set Bias to 0.
    -Steering angle: Its simple, wider steering angle = higher MAXIMUM wheel "deviation", it's not visible in normal driving [grip] becouse steering angle is limited by gta sa scripts [higher
     speed = lower steering angle], but it can change your drift characteristic, change handbrake characteristic [when u use handbrake your car turn wheels to maximum], and increase cornering on
     realy LOW speed 0-50.

How to make best suspenssion setup by Akamataa:
       1. Set up your stiffness, ride height and steeting angle to maximum.
       2. If your car is "shaking" on road reduce stiffness.
       3. Test your car on "Seamen" race track, if your car is NOT knock over curbs, reduce ride height.
       4. Repeat step 2 and 3 untill your car start knock over curbs, and back to last not knocking over settings.
       5. I generaly use "- bias" in suspenssion only for flat races like street-s and urls. In normal races i set up bias to 0.
       6. Some cars like washington are still knocking over curbs even on +10 Stiffnes and +10 Ride height, this cars supsension are imposible to repair.
  3. Tire pressure: Most important setting, but also simple one, just move bar to "drift" side as far as u can control car, it's becouse moving bar to "drift" side will decrease grip and stability, but it will increase cornering speed ofc as far as u don't lose grip.
[Image: efyKhA6.png] <- that useless chart Big Grin

1. Brake bias: Another simple setting, move to left to increase power of rear brakes, move to right to increase power of front brakes. Generaly setting brakes to front should increase stability during braking, but u can't turn when your front wheels are blocked, if u put more to rear, your brakes will work like handbrake [it's not good] xD, The best option is to find perfect balance where wheels are not blocking during braking [if not possible > reduce brake grade and try again] 

2. Areodynamics: [u need to upgrade WR] 
    Center of mass: This option is responsible for changes in grip between front and rear wheels [move center of mass to rear to increase grip of rear wheels]. Additionaly moving mass balance to rear will increase your cornering speed on inclined corners, and will give u strange cornering boost on curbs. Generaly is suggested to put all RWD cars mass balance to Rear [-10], all FWD cars to front [+10]. For AWD cars u need find perfect balance point [50/50], but if u want to have fun with drifting in races or just want better controll use 50/50 weight balance in RWD cars too, but this will decrease your grip, it is also suggested to use 50/50 balance in DRIFT setups. How to make 50/50 balance:
  • [Image: Q2wzUuh.png][Image: ZimeCa3.png]
              -Set your center of mass to -10 and try to overhang on the edge like on screen nr 1, as u see your car is not fall forward.
              -Move your mass balance to front by 1 and repeat falling test, repeat falling test until u get to point where car start to fall forward like on screen nr 2, remember this point [eg. -6]
    [Image: RNsnNhM.png][Image: 8TpAqMN.png]
              -Now set center of mass to +10 and try to overhang on the edge like on screen nr 3, as u see your car is not fall backward.
              -Move your mass balance to rear by 1 and repeat falling test, repeat falling test until u get to point where car start to fall backward like on screen nr 4, remember this point [eg. -2]
              -Now u have 2 point, one for starting fall foreward, and one for starting fall backward, now u need just calculate AVG of them [eg. (-6+(-2))/2=-4 -> for this example u get ~50/50 balance 
                at point -4 in center of mass.] Advaice: lower suspension = lower difference betwen point 2 and 4 on pictures.
  • Downforce: More downforce = more grip, just make sure to always have it +10 in races [it's not reducing v-max] 

Example Dyno

Shortcuts in setup:
E = Engine, D = Drivetrain, T = Tires, S = Suspension, B = Brakes, ECU = ECU XD, WR = Weight Reduction, Tss = Turbo, N = NOS; 1 = street upgrade, 2 = race upgrade, 3 = pro upgrade.

Washington "all race" setup [make useless car little better]:
  • Setup: E=3, D=3, T=3, S=3, B=2, ECU=3, WR=3, Tss=3, N=3
  • Drivetrain -10
  • Stiffness +10, Ride Height +10, Bias 0, Steering Angle +5
  • Tire Pressure -1
  • Brake Bias -2
  • Center of mass -10, downforce +10

Messages In This Thread
Akamataa Dyno Guide and my Dyno Setups?? - by Akamataa - 24-03-2018, 20:39