facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

[Race Mode] Hot Pursuit

Napisany przez Curtex, 15-12-2017, 18:42

[Race Mode] Hot Pursuit

Offline Curtex

So... Basically, I've been reminding my NFS old times, and I can't get Hot Pursuit 2 out of my head...

Although songs won't suffer any change as mentioned, and car suggestions would be ignored, I'd like to make a different step and try with something different, that may remind you from other simillar suggestions.

The idea is pretty simple, but also pretty different from what we've seen till this day... You may even have played something simillar in MTA, I'm talking about Hot Pursuit gamemode...

First of all, this is NOT supossed to be playable in "Quick Race".

Race mode could be known as "Hot Pursuit", or simply "Pursuit"... Didn't think about a name for it yet.

This gamemode would be a simple circuit race, but with 4 players as racers, and other 4 as cops, racers will have to reach the end of the race without being caught by the police. This requires a couple of changes in Race mode bases, such as:

· No collision between players (Best to be able to make non-collidable between teams, otherwise, no collision between everyone is fine too).

· Different objectives between racers (Which I've already been thinking about).

· Different Lobby style (Which I've already been thinking about).

· Different Score limit options (Which I've already been thinking about).

· No Toptimes (Team based PvP where your toptime depends not only on you, but on other players shouldn't have Toptimes).

These changes, which I've been thinking about, would be:

- Objectives -

Racers: Same ingame interface as Circuit/Sprint, but with the addition of Busted/Evade bar, which could be the same, or has only "Busted" chance, as you couldn't run away from the cops untill you finish the race.

Cops: Interface would be pretty different, as they wouldn't be caring about laps or any lap times, I've taken the liberty to make a new interface for it myself (Nothing too op, simple Paint shit):

[Image: hw37bEU.png]

Format would be:

Alive Racers / Total Racers (Defined at the start)

RACERS should have another race ending label (Such as FINISH or CRASHED), named BUSTED.

- Different Lobby style -

As lobby should be up to 8 players, the player list should be bigger, so I just went on and made a possible list by myself (Cuz Paint is powerful and easy af)

[Image: jeGEhkP.png]This is the actual panel.

[Image: RTg4yhz.png]This would be the Pursuit panel

[Image: LqA3khB.png]
And this would be the Lobby, as you can see, much bigger.

Balance is not necessary, but it's required to have at least 1 player in each side in order to be able to start.

You may be thinking why doesn't cops have their "Car" slot... Well, it's pretty simple. As cops, players would be using Actual Cop cars (Same AI uses in Pursuits).

And you may still have a question... "How can I choose which cop car I want to use?"

Well, you simply can't. Your cop car will be chosen based on racers score. Now this is where it goes tricky:

Having a 505 Infernus and a 198 Manana would be unbalanced, even for cops, cuz... In a 2 v 2, what would you set? 2 Heat 6? 2 Heat 1? Maybe 2 Heat 3 to balance? No. 2 Heat 6 would be hell for Manana, and other choices would be easy for the Infernus.

The cop car choice would be SEPARATED. Which means... If we've got a full lobby, it would be like this:

RACERS / COPS
Infernus (505) / Heat 6 Copcar
Manana (198) / Heat 1 Copcar
Flash (369) / Heat 4 Copcar
Fortune (283) / Heat 3 Copcar

First cop in the cop list would have a Heat 6, and so with the 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
Of course, the Heat 6 could go for the Manana and the Fortune, they would be easier, but I'll get on this later.

In case we've got an unbalanced match (3 Racers 2 Cops/1 Racer 3 cops), multipliers and dividers would come in, for example:

RACERS / COPS
Intruder (232) / Heat 2 Copcar
Blista (371) / Heat 4 Copcar
Manana (256)

We would divide Manana's score between the number of cops playing (In this case, between 2), so then, cop cars would be:

RACERS / COPS
Intruder (232) / Heat 3 Copcar
Blista (371) / Heat 5 Copcar
Manana (256) /

In the opposite case, like... For example, 1 Racer against 3 Cops, it would be:

RACERS / COPS
Comet (496) / Heat 6 Copcar
 / Heat ?
 / Heat ?

Dividing 496 in the cop quantity (3 in this case), would be:

RACERS / COPS
Comet (496) / Heat 1 Copcar
 / Heat 1 Copcar
 / Heat 1 Copcar

It may look unbalanced, but keep in mind, it's a 3 vs 1, and this is supossed to be a Team based mode, not available in "Quick Race"

There's an exception in this system, which would be triggered if a SUV is in the race. SUVs will be forced to have Rhinos (Beejay XL) as their cop counterpart, independently of their Score. Copcar Heat balance won't affect SUVs neither.

Now, in case this gamemode is accepted, I had a couple of idead for it that I myself couldn't be sure if they would or wouldn't be balanced:

Like in Hot Pursuit 2, you would have options to set traps and blocks (No choppers), possible options:

· Own Stinger
· Own Copcar barricade
· Own Copcar barricade + Stinger side (Side is randomly chosen, like in Free Mode Pursuit).

There's a max and minimum limit for all of them, and a cooldown, which can be:

Own Stinger (2 - 7) (30 Secs)

Own Copcar barricade (1 - 4) (1 Min)

Own Copcar barricade + Stinger (0 - 2) (1 Min)

BARRICADES COOLDOWN WORK AT SAME TIME. This means using "Own Copcar barricade" will trigger both barricades cooldown

They also have a remove timer, which means these blocks will be removed after an ammount of time:

Own Stinger (20 Secs)

Own Copcar barricade (45 Secs)

Own Copcar barricade + Stinger (30 Secs)

What makes their spawn limit be higher or lower?
Map distance, in case it's a circuit it would be map distance x laps.

There should be a barricade blocker which doesn't allows you to spawn a barricade near another one which is actually placed (There can be more than 1 at the same time, but with a defined distance between them).

You can't place a barricade with a racer near you.

To use any of the 3 helpers, you must be under 20 Km/H (12 M/H).

Barricades will be placed behind your car, 10 Metters away. Their placement positions should be based on the same it's used in Free Mode Pursuits.

Stingers will be placed 1 Metter behind your car.

NOTES:

Barricade copcars will be exactly the same as player-controlled copcars, they'll be "Vehicles" without any kind of behavior, just placed cars. (This may cause some sync problems... But as they'll be removed after some time...)

Car damage should be added in this gamemode, now, this gets tricky too:

Racers should have reduced car damage (I know there's a specific parameter for Car Collision damage), cops shouldn't.

Car visual damage should be disabled (Except in Copcars that have this enabled without any problem).
Anyway, I think you don't have to set anything for this, as the cars themselves have almost, if none visual collision.

Cops will be allowed to respawn, RACERS WON'T.

Respawning will fix your car. As a cop you will automatically be respawned if set on fire.

As racers won't be able to respawn, they could blow up, this would end their race in "CRASHED" mode (Like in Drag races). To balance this, Racers will fix their cars every lap they make (Wheels included)

There's an exception to this damage system, which is applied to Beejay XL copcars. Basically, they won't be allowed to have collision damage (This can be done by simply setting their collision damage to 0 in the Race Mode) Although, overturning will set them on fire.

Cops may have unlimited NOS, or unlimited NOS based on their speed. If they go lower than a defined speed, their NOS will be active, going over the speed limit for NOS will disable it. (This may help cops to catch on after respawning)

In case Car damage is included, there shall be 2 ways to catch a racer:

By busting them, or by blowing them.

Busting system may be the same as in Free Mode Pursuit, but refering not to AI, but the vehicles themselves (So barricade vehicles could bust players too)

Blowing system is... Pretty obvious, isn't it?

And, finally, the rewards system:

This is a TEAM BASED PvP, so rewards will be also team based.

Remarking it in case people may complain about my reward suggestions.

Finishing 1st or 4th won't change your reward.

Being the cop who busted the most, or blew the most won't change your reward from the worst.

Racers reward will be based in overall Racers Score, Racers and Cops ammount, Track length x Laps and Copcar number + Heat level. So, yeah, being the only one able to finish the race won't change your reward, you'll have the same reward finishing alone than with the other 3 racers.

Cops reward will be based in Racer Score, Racers and Cops ammount, Elapsed Time and Copcar number + Heat level, but also the ammount of racers busted and the way they've been busted (Getting racers by blowing them will reduce the reward for them in 50%).

Busted/Blown racers will have a minor reward based in their total race mileage, Racers and Cops ammount, and overall Racers score. Reward will be reduced to a 75% if you lose by getting blown.

If cops couldn't make to bust anyone, they'll also get a reward based on overall Racers Score and Track length x Laps.

We're almost done! If you made it this far, I'll feel satisfied for having taken your interest untill now.

This would be set as only available for Custom Lobby, or maybe a "Special Event" (Just like the URL), with bigger Lobbies, special long races and Heat level categories (In this case, Racers / Cops balance is obviously required).

Now, after dropping all my mind into this for about an hour... This is a suggestion after all, so if anyone else has a suggestion about this, please post it. And also if the overall suggestion (PvP Pursuits) is of your liking, but you would like to change completely the way it could work, feel free to post it!

As Co-op Pursuits can't be able due to sync problems, why don't we try with something like PvP Pursuit? ^^
[Image: giphy.gif]

Offline scaftz

Honestly i like the idea, it's pretty well explained to the details. This kind of event sure can kill the boredom of basic racing we are doing every time on the server. But this kind of gamemode won't gonna work well due to synchronization issues. It's not about whether it's Co-op or PVP, anything collision related things involved won't synch well especially for those with high ping about 100 ms+ moreover we have custom handlings and cars which moves lot faster then actual GTA's. Like, on your screen you PITed your opponent while on their screen you are just ramming freash air, or even the opposite.
At least that's what i know, maybe the devs got different opinion about it.

Offline Rarti

Sounds nice, but as Scaftz said, ping can be a big problem here. I wish to see this kind of race mode on the server.

Away bamers

Wow, shit, this is a sick idea

very nice that there is player from the old time, aah Hot Pursuit from PS One

I hate Police Pursuit, But through this kind of pursuit in race,
I really love it, thumbs up for this
[Image: loadcat.gif]

Offline Crysios

Best idea like i see here, but ping and mta synchro.. anyway i want this one on serwer Big Grin
[Image: source.gif]

Offline MatthewChow

It's not the sync or ping that worries me here, it's that balancing system.
That balancing system of yours would never work. Three Impala SS can't catch a 911RS, and that thing about having the cop cars being separately chosen for each racer doesn't work either. The guy with the police Corvette has the possibility of catching any racer in the track, however, the guy in the Impala only has the possibility of catching that one Sundance lurking around. If any of the other cops cars catch that Plymouth (which is very probable), the Chevy is there doing nothing because it doesn't have enough speed to reach any of the other three higher tier racers, which leads to a very boring and frustrating race.

What you do, though, to help that problem, is to make cops able to go through barriers so they can take any shortcut off-track.
[Image: TEgVg7dMvlbFQYoF3YFE_iT3-MR9op3yBLZV4K_a...jfcQ=w2400]
I invite you to eat a sock.

Offline Ice

(16-12-2017, 15:19)MatthewChow Wrote: It's not the sync or ping that worries me here, it's that balancing system.
That balancing system of yours would never work. Three Impala SS can't catch a 911RS, and that thing about having the cop cars being separately chosen for each racer doesn't work either. The guy with the police Corvette has the possibility of catching any racer in the track, however, the guy in the Impala only has the possibility of catching that one Sundance lurking around. If any of the other cops cars catch that Plymouth (which is very probable), the Chevy is there doing nothing because it doesn't have enough speed to reach any of the other three higher tier racers, which leads to a very boring and frustrating race.

What you do, though, to help that problem, is to make cops able to go through barriers so they can take any shortcut off-track.

Nope.
It won't be unballanced, not at circuits at least. As a lower level car you can always make an ambush based on the fact that stronger car would need to start second lap. What you need to do is to find a difficult turn on the map and spawn a stinger, or barricade. In oldskool Need For Sped High Stakes this is how I was catching racers as a kid, because my handling skill was really low and I couldn't always catch racers.
Speaking of NFSHS, it had some really cool gamemodes with cops, one of which was when SINGLE racer had to survive for several minutes against 7 cops seeking for him on the map. I wish some day we had something similar but eh... sweet dreams...
Anyhow, staff team mentioned several times that duo to MTA limitations (such as bad synchronization) they aren't planning to do actual PURSUIT gamemode.
Let's hope things might change some day, though...
[Image: tumblr_md5r2jw4dn1rkewzlo1_500.gif]

Offline MatthewChow

An hide and seek gamemode actually sounds pretty fun if it's timed...
It gives stunters quite an opportunity to show off their skills.
[Image: TEgVg7dMvlbFQYoF3YFE_iT3-MR9op3yBLZV4K_a...jfcQ=w2400]
I invite you to eat a sock.

Offline LUISOTE

Good idea... Sounds really good. Will be nice if this will add it to the sv...
[Image: vkWd800.png]

• ║ドリフトナイトメア║

Offline Curtex

Kinda forgot about this one... I already knew about the car sync, and already know about hitboxes being pretty bad due to high speeds... But then, why are we doing duels, where you can hit your rival, and it can also be exploited against your rival to your own advantage? It's not like doing duels is useless... You can gain good rewards by doing only duels daily, and there's also usually someone available for it
[Image: giphy.gif]